This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Device Retirement issues

I recently retired my Edge 500 for no good reason other than i have not used it since replacing it with my Egde 520 Plus. I realized, however, that this removed data from most of last year from Strava. Can i get the data back into Strava/bring my Edge 500 out of retirement?

Please advise

Thanks

• Connect it to computer over USB and upload fit files manually?

• Thanks, i am trying that.. and so far the data shows in Garmin Connect but not Strava... work in process.. thanks again

• Did you tell strava to delete your activities?  Otherwise how did you lose stuff?

Open the 500 as a usb drive, go to <dev>:/Garmin/Activities and copy the files off the 500 to pc.  You should never have been archiving activities on the 500m, but if so they are there.  Ignore the Connect autoconnect/upload.

• Thanks "texmurphy"

It maybe me or Strava.... i checked my activities on the 500 as you noted and found they go back to about 4/1/2020.... there should be more but i may have done some well intended cleaning up.

i also checked activities on Strava and in Garmin Connect and they match pretty well... Garmin actually goes back to 2017.... that may why the clean up occurred.

That leads me to think it's Strava because on my "Fitness and Freshness" chart it appears Strava is only using data back to November 2020 when i started using Zwift..... even when i ask it to give a 1 or 2 year view it just re scales the same data.

Thanks again for your help

Best regards

Steve 
    ps..... after reading what i just wrote and after dealing with Strava on the matched ride function where it couldn't call two indoor rides the same because one had the GPS on and one had it turned off i think it all boils down to Strava seeing totally different data from me now that i am using Zwift.... thanks again