This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge 520 Plus Bluetooth Pairing Issue

Hi all, 

Having a problem pairing my Edge 520 Plus with my iPhone X. 

Been working no problem for a good while, then after yesterdays ride it didn't sync automatically once saved. 
Tried to click 'sync' in the connect app but kept timing out. 

Un-paired on the Edge and Phone completely and tried to reconnect but now it won't pair the device through bluetooth??

Had installed the new firmware/update the night before going out riding. 

Anyone else having issues?

Cheers, 
Paul

• Not sure exactly all that you did, but these steps and video seems to be the most helpful to fix this issue.

• Remove Edge 520 from Garmin Connect App (More > Garmin Devices)
    • "Forget" Edge 520 in iPhone settings > Bluetooth
    • Reboot iPhone, restart Edge 520
    • Put Edge 520 in pairing mode - Settings > Bluetooth or Phone > Pair Mobile Device or Pair Phone
    • Pair using Garmin Connect

• Thanks, I'll give it a try. 

• I have to re-pair my iPhone 11 every so often - I am thinking each time it updates

• I had problems trying to re-pair to a different newly upgraded phone. The full set of steps listed below worked. I had to remove all prior knowledge from the phone, app, device to proceed. Then, adding from the app worked.

• I am having a problem turning Bluetooth on my garmin520 plus. I go into settings and I do not see an option for Bluetooth 

• This is a Garmin-iPhone issue that Garmin needs to solve. When pairing Garmin Connect looks for BT_friendly name while Garmin Edge looks for friendly name. The easiest solution is to wait for your birthday and ask for a different brand . Garmin is clearly aware of this issue.

• Rename your 520 to something else in the device like B520. Then it will show up in the connect app

• I had the same problem. Paired and working fine for years, then suddenly nothing. I could redo the pairing process multiple times. Turns out that I think my phone put my garmin connect app into deep sleep or something. I had to go into garmin connect, after the phone and garmin were paired (but still not connecting).

In garmin connect it listed my edge as disconnected and said it should connect automatically. But, I had to enable garmin connect to be able to use bluetooth from inside the connect app. It then worked again.