This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Is there really no way to turn off ERG mode when doing a trainer workout from Training Peaks? This capability is clearly available considering the 520 Plus can set power numbers and control resistance.

Using the Elite Direto smart trainer and it doesn't have any built-in controls.  This should be a simple toggle on-off setting for a workout, and it would be no problem to establish one way or the other prior to starting the workout.  But a lot of people don't like ERG modes, and my coach hates them.  I just need a way to turn it off.

• Hi, I have the same problem with a Tacx Neo 2.  Sometimes I like to spin faster to achieve the watts but the Edge 520 Plus increases the resistance when I change down gears. I have tried it on 2 different turbo's so it is definitely the Edge 520 Plus controlling the resistance.

The workouts are also from Training Peaks.

I Will contact Garmin direct to see if there is a solution and let you know. If you have made any headway relating to this issue please also let me know.

Regards,

Mark