This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SRAM E-tap Disconnect/Reconnect Continually

Not 100% sure when this started, but I am running the latest firmware (5.7) on my 520+ and am having issues with my eTap disconnecting and reconnecting continually throughout a ride and draining the battery. The only way that I have been able to get it to stop is to disconnect the sensor and leave it off, which completely defeats the purpose of this functionality. 

I've seen that this has been an issue in the past, but it seems like it is coming up again in some of the more recent firmware. 

• I also have eTap and 520 plus w/ fw 5.70 and having no such issues.

The least you can try it to remove and add it back in 520+ sensors. Which I presume you've already tried.

Second option is to do factory reset of 520+.

The bottom line is that I don't think it's firmware issue since I'm having the same combo as you do.

• Turns out it was a problem coming from the eTap. Replaced battery with a fully charged one and the issue was resolved. Strangely, I was able to put the original battery back on and the issue was still cleared, so the fix may be to remove the battery for a time period (10-30s) and then replace it.