This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Turn-by-turn directions and cancelling incident detection both just stopped working after update

Turn-by-turn directions were working great for well over a year.  And, I could also use the Garmin to cancel incident detection.  My Garmin recently received update 5.60 and now turn-by-turn directions no longer appear AND I found out today (upon hitting bumps in a road and then stopping for a traffic light, which triggered incident detection) that I also can no longer cancel incident detection via the Garmin device.  Fortunately, I can cancel incident detection via my phone (and it's a race to dig my phone out of my jersey before it starts contacting people).

So far, the above are the two features that I notice are no longer working after the update.  Courses still work and I can see the trace for my current course and where I am on the course if I bring up the map screen while on a ride; but turn-by-turn directions are not present.  And, time-to-end and distance-to-end of course are also not working (distance to end never updates and time-to-end never displays).  I tried re-downloading a course and it looked like turn-by-turn came back after that; but turn-by-turn did not appear when I refreshed yet another course.

I don't know if this issue is specifically with software update 5.6 or whether there's a different problem that started at around the same time as the update or what.  But the problem exists in either case.  

Any suggestions?  There are other threads asking similar questions; but they are old.  Hence, starting a new thread.  

Thanks.

• Bedasek - Thanks for the tip. I can see my recent update last week was to 5.6 so hopefully 5.70 will work.

• Hadn't yet responded; but I had been running tests after hard-resetting the unit.  Be sure to take photos/screenshots of your screens before you do a reset!  After that, I found that, with 5.6, courses only worked if I loaded them one at a time. 

I noticed and installed 5.7 tonight.  Someone mentioned that it resolved the issue.  I shall load all the courses again and try it as well.

• I was out today and had the same issue. The turn by turn guidance stopping. 

I'm running the latest software

I think it's great that folks help each other out here. But we all paid quite a big amount of money and a fundermental part of the product is not working 

This is a Garmin owned forum. Where are they. Why are they not responding. Its not good enough. Come on Garmin. Are you now too big to care. #garmin 

• With the 5.7 update, I’ve gone on several rides consisting of a mix of repeat courses and new courses (created through Garmin Connect) and other existing courses and, in each case, I’ve found that turn-by-turn directions again worked well.  AND, I’ve confirmed that Incident Detection also worked properly again in that I could, once again, cancel it via the Garmin Edge unit itself.  From my perspective, the 5.7 update resolved the issues that I reported in this thread.  Thanks!