This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge 520 can't acquire satellite after upgrade to FW 13.10

I updated my Edge 520 to FW 13.10 and now it can't find any satellites.  I downgraded to FW 12.90 and still no joy.  It just tries forever and never acquires.  I've waited for over 45 minutes, and nothing. It never gets past 2 flashing bars (once it got up to four, but then dropped back to two).   This has been working fine up until the upgrade.  Any clues?  I've also tried factory reset.

• I am sorry not to be able to offer any solution but have exactly the same problem.  Tried reset, tried different stationary locations and also have ridden about 250k with it, never been able to locate satellites. Basically now a glorified stop watch!

• Any solution found. I also have the same issue

• Unfortunately no solution yet, ended up taking it back to the shop about 2 weeks ago where I bought it. Even though guarantee expired they  said that they would send it to Garmin. Once I get any feedback will update the post.

• Thanks for the update. Mine is really quite old but what’s frustrating is that it worked perfectly till this update. Frustrating. 
    I will write to Garmin support. 

• I have the same problem with locating satellites. From last update, did everything like you, downgraded, factory reset...nothing. But elevation is still getting recorded while I'm on a road.

• I have the same problem with locating satellites. From last update, did everything like you, downgraded, factory reset...nothing out of that. But elevation is still getting recorded while I'm on a road. Attached file has an anomaly, GPS works for a while...WHY? On a ride day before GPS works perfectly normal.

.Bled_GPS_not_working.zip

• As mentioned took mine back to the shop where I purchased, it was out of warranty but fortunately they sent it to Garmin.  I have just received a new replacement which cost me Euro 150.  I have ridden with the replacement and seems to work fine, admittedly only one ride.

Re Ridle_roadbike: my Garmin wouldn't find any satellites initially but I kept using it whilst riding in the hope it might work.  It did on a couple of occasions but only for 50/75% of the ride and maybe only on 3 rides out of 10 before I gave up completely with it.  So like yours, it did work a bit but ultimately didn't. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Just to be clear my Garmin had no problems at all apart from finding satellites.  I do find it slightly odd that we have to pay for replacements (albeit discounted prices) when the problem seems to be so far removed from the actual user.  But hey ho I suppose that's technology nowadays.

• Hi!

Sth magical happened...GPS got back and was tracking routes as usual...until yesterday....when got lost in the middle of the race. Rename attached file to .fit and you'll see.

2021-07-04-08-54-55.tif