This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge 520 - Livetrack has no data

The last couple of rides, my Livetrack feed has had no data.  When I start the ride, I get the "Livetrack Started" message on my 520, my wife gets the email link and all that, but there is no data coming in at all (she gets some sort of "no location data" type of error).

When I stop the ride, I get a  message saying that LIvetrack has ended but it seems to not actually close the stream.  I end up having to stop the livetrack on my cellphone (Samsung s9).  Nothing has changed on the phone or GPS in months.

The activity file in Garment Connect has all the data and looks normal, the livetrack map is just a map of the general area with no data or tracking on it at all.

Any ideas?

• Same issue here.  Did full uninstall/reinstall process and did not help... same issue.  

• Exactly the same issues for me since the start of May and version 4.3, connected to Samsung Galaxy S7 and no previous problems in the last couple of years...

• Exactly the same issues for me since the start of May and version 4.3, connected to Samsung Galaxy A50 android 10. I returned to version 4.29 with APKMirror and everything is back to normal. I also disabled automatic update while waiting for a version higher than 4.3

• I wonder if anyone from garmin actually reads these forums, and if they do, do they pass on the comments to other departments? 

I'm still getting instructions and suggestions from garmin via email telling me to do various things, all of which never changed a thing. 

• I responded to Garmin's request on Monday.  They assured me this was a known issue and my diagnostic report was being sent to the technicians.  It's been 4-5 days since my first contact, and at that time they already knew about the issue so I guess I would have to say I'm a little disappointed not hearing of any fix yet.

As I stated earlier, and I agree with others... I'm surprised that Garmin has not issued a formal response here on these forums addressing their knowledge of the problem.  I did notice that when I plugged my 520 into my computer this afternoon there was an update needing to install so I'm not sure if that was, or hand anything to do with this issue.

I guess we just sit and wait until the new version comes out with the fix.  ???

• I sent logs in on Saturday...nothing but crickets since.

One day it will magically work again....right until it doesn't.  Garmin's track record on breaking existing stuff is abysmal, and their lack of acknowledgement in these forums speaks so loudly of poor customer care.  Which is really odd, because if you call in, you can actually get useful, knowledgeable human beings....but once you're stuck in forum or email hell, the useful ones are long forgotten  

• I have the same problem. Phone Sony Xperia Xa2 Ultra

• I have the identical problem.  When my wife tries to track she gets this message. "No Signal. Trying to reconnect." But this is strange because it shows my GPS location mid ride, but no breadcrumb trail or other data. I tried reinstalling Garmin Connect, with no change

• I've had 520+ for a couple of years now. Bought the device for the crash detection and for the live track.

The Live Track has worked only a few versions and I don't remember the versions that worked. I hope this will eventually be fixed, because like I said, it was the main reason I bought the device (due to medical problems, my family wants to track my rides).

• Same thing for me, my loved ones want to follow me to be comforting. I ride my 520 for 2 days with the old version 4.29 that I downloaded in APK version and everything works nickel. As this is a recurring problem at Garmin, I will no longer update the application while it is going to work.. Have a good season Take care