This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge 520 Plus not displaying anything other than backlit screen

I've had my edge 520plus for about a 1 1/2 years with no trouble. I went to start a ride today and it powered up like normal but said the battery was at 0%. I remember it being about 40% when I stopped using it the day before. It stayed on for a couple minutes then died. I tried charging it later and it would not display anything on the screen but the screen backlight would come on for about 5 seconds if you pressed any button. It will still sync with my phone through garmin connect and also connect to my laptop. I did a software update and a map update also. I even somehow recorded a 10 minute activity that showed up after syncing it. I've tried resetting it with the different button combinations I've seen on forums but it just won't do anything other than light the screen up. It really seems to be functioning without displaying anything.

• I talked to someone at Garmin. We were not able to figure anything out. I was able to officially reset it by holding the lap and start button then power button on. Nothing would display but the button sounds came back on when I normally had them off so it was obviously reset. Something is wrong with the display since it never displays anything yet works in the background. The options were to send it in and pay for a refurbished one or get a 20% discount on a upgraded model (530, 830, 1030). Kind of a bummer because this computer still felt relatively new to me at 1 1/2 years old.