This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

520 Plus maps question

Hi there,

A friend bought a 520+ and today I realice the following, can anyone confirm or if was that i was doing something wrong.

The 1030 enables you to got the maps customized for each profile, i.e. if you have mtb profile you use a topo one and if you use road you got one with less details.

I pretend to do the same with the 520+, but if you enable/disable maps per profile you change it for all...

thanks!

• So, your question is whether different profiles can use different maps? I don't think so - looking at the menu system, maps are enabled system wide, not on a per-profile basis.

• In other devices this is possible,and even in this one you got  the options like in others.

On the profile, the navigation and maps preferences where you can enable or disable the maps at your choice, but is not possible that each profile save their own setup, in map options, like you do with the data screens.

Maybe  can give us a hand, and explain if I am right, and why this option is not working properly, because is a basic function in my opinion and do not know why is not working as it does in other edge devices.

• So, I just checked my 520+ and I have good news and bad news - the good news is that it does look like you can turn different maps on or off for each profile. The bad news is that I don't which of the maps I have is a topo map!

If you go to Settings->Activity Profiles->(profile)->Navigation->Map->Map Information you can choose which map files you want enabled.

If i had to guess, I would guess that the one called "Garmin DEM" is the map with the topo data in it.

• The DEM map has the elevation data. You can't enable or disable it on any of the units.

Some if the units will display contpu lines (which newer firmware let's you turn on or off).

I'm not sure if the 520+ displays contour lines. 

• DEM is the elevation data. (digital elevation map)

• I haven't had mine long, but I haven't noticed any contour lines.

• DEM map, as all listed, can be disabled by user in the menu indicated above.

But at least in this moment, the 520+ do not allow to got the maps customized by profile.

Hope the garmin support team fix this soon.