This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Another "My 520 will not connect via BT with my phone" question

I have read all the threads.  I have removed, reinstalled, reset.  No matter what I try I cannot get  my 520 to connect via BT on my Samsung Galazy J7Perx phone.  I can connect sensors to the 520 but not the phone.  I have been presented with pairing numbers, both units show up in each other's list.  But still nothing.  Nothing has changed, it just started doing this.

• Unfortunately I am at the mercy of Garmin since there is no Customer Service open over the weekend.  That's unfortunate since I thought that not only was this going to be an easy fix, I would also be able to take advantage of this functionality on my weekend rides.

I consider myself, like many here at the forum, to be rather tech savvy.  Something as simple as connecting 2 BT devices should be a "no brainer". But this has me stumped.  As stated in my original post, I have tried virtually everything posted in this forum to get this back up and working.  This feature worked flawlessly for the last 2 years that I've owned the 520.  Initial setup, and any subsequent glitches have been resolved with a minimum of effort. But as of 2 weeks ago I noticed that the 2 were not talking to each other and the only way to get my rides to be view-able online was to connect the 520 directly to my computer.  

As stated, I have tried all the solutions posted for the past 3 or 4 months.  I have removed and reinstalled the 520 from my device list in the Connect app.  I have removed the phone from the recognized list on the 520.  I have removed the 520 from the recognized list of devices on my phone's BT list.  I have logged out and logged in on my account with Garmin.  I have removed the 520 from the Connect app and reinstalled it.  It actually appears that they are paired but when I look at the phones status on my 520 it says status "disconnected". The BT icon at the top of my 520 continues to blink.

I am always willing to accept the fact that I have missed something.  If there is some little "gotcha" that you see, please let me know.  I am not vindictive against Garmin or anyone else.  I would just like to get this thing running.  I look forward to the answer that will prove that I haven't tried everything.

• Hi, which Android version Is your phone running? I have Just moved to a Pixel4 with android 10 and It seems I can't create a stable connection Pixel4/Edge 520. 

• Still nothing.  The 520 continues to tell me it does not have a bluetooth connection

• I'm not sure what I did but it is working now.  I tried the list of things to do in the other thread several times but it wasn't until my 3rd attempt of removing and reinstalling everything that it finally worked.