This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Connect will not load .fit files

Today I tried to upload my ride.  First problem, my Garmin 520 would not automatically upload my ride.  Second problem, when I tried to load the ride manually, using the Garmin Connect app, I kept getting an error message that .fit files cannot be loaded.  This is very frustrating.  Any help? Thank you. 

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago

run your file through Fit File Tool's section remover

import this fit file manual from within Garmin Connect Web

when this fails

with your consent we can have a look at your file with FitFileRepairTool

zip the fit file and upload here in the forum, or provide a link to it on a cloud storage

happy & safe sporting

• Good evening,

The Fit File Repair Tool did not work.  I still get the same error message. ("We do not support the file type you tried to load).

I would like you to take a look at the file, but I have no idea how to zip a file (yes I know I should know, but I am an old geezer, heck I steel ride my original SLX steel Bottecchia).  

Thanks

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to 1bottecchia6

Good evening,

drag & drop your fit file in your forum post

or

rename your .fit file extension into .zip

upload here in the forum

1)

2)

happy & safe sporting

• Any chance for a response on how to get the ride to load up to Garmin Connect and Strava? BTW, today’s ride loaded directly from the Garmin 520 to Garmin and Strava with no problem. And, also, I know that I wrote that “I steel ride my Bottecchia SLX...” that was meant as a play on words. Thumbsup

I would stil like to find a way to u/l yesterday’s ride. Thanks.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to 1bottecchia6

looks like I am not going to be able to help you

anybody to chime in for a helping hand ?

success with resolving your mishap

happy & safe sporting

• OK, it was just a short 27 miles ride. But like most cyclists I am obsessive about recording my rides. Oh well, if no one else can help I can live with that. Thank you for your help. Thumbsup