This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

New Edge 520 Plus Public Beta 4.23 Now Available

A new Beta software for the Edge 520 Plus has been released. Full change log, instructions, and software for installing the beta can be found here.

• For any issues that you encounter please fill out the form included in the download and attach it to an email to [email protected]. Please note that you may not get a response to the email unless we need more information on the issue you report.
  • Although this software is believed to be reliable, it has not yet been released for production and should be used at your own risk.

Changes made from version 4.20 to 4.23:

• Updated to Connect IQ version 3.1.
  • Fixed issue where some training plans would be missing workouts.
  • Fixed activities not uploading when saved away from a phone connection.
  • Fixed the Recent Finds menu not showing up.
  • Fixed an issue pairing to MotoX phones.
  • Fixed DI2 Battery data field showing as -1%.
  • And what about Strava's segments sync with mobile (Garmin Connect)?

• No features update as the Edge 1030 gets some days before? I hope the Edge 520 Plus will get some features with a firmware update too:

• Heat/Altitude Acclimation. Shows user's acclimation to different altitudes and hot/humid environments.
    • ClimbPro. See upcoming climbs while riding a course so you can prepare for needed effort.
    • Nutrition/Hydration tracking alerts

• These features will not be added to the Edge 520 Plus.

• Not happy with the answer from Garmin-Matthew. So much for our loyalty. I bought thi unit a few months ago and now it is an orphan. 

• The device is just one year old and costs a lot over 200, but new Software will just not be implemented, regardless the device can handle it. I also regret buying it a lot.... 

• Not to start a debate here, but I think the 520+ is maxed out in terms of processing power.  I have noticed that mine is sluggish when reporting changes in power from the meter - much more delayed than previous head units reporting 3-second average power.  It's like the system is over-taxed, even when I'm not navigating using the device.  

I had such high hopes for the 520+ after being a happy 520 owner (but wishing it had nationwide mapping).  It hasn't panned out for me.  And, after a quick look at the 530 I'm going to pass due to the rinky-dink buttons they used on this device.  :/