This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Statute UK units for 520 plus?

Any possibility of adding a statute uk setting to the units setting on 520 plus? As on the edge 130

Cycling in the UK we tend to measure distance & speed in miles and mph whilst length, height etc is measured in metres. Opting for “statute” gives miles &mph but distance to a turn and elevation in feet. Opting for “metric” gives distance to turn and elevation in metres but distance travelled and speed in km and km/h.

A UK setting would be very useful.

• I just got a 520 plus and set it up this week. I was able to set distance in miles, temperature in °C and elevation in metres, which I think is exactly what you want. It was three separate settings found under...

Settings > System > Units

Distance and speed - Statute

Elevation - Metric

Temperature - Celsius

Weight - Metric

Perfection! Exactly what I wanted.

• I have mine set up exactly the same as yourself and yes, I agree, it is perfect for the most part. The anomaly seems to be when navigating. Turn prompts give distance to turn in feet. I think there is a similar anomaly with segments enabled too. The distance to start of segment is given in feet. 

The edge 130 has an option in units settings for statute uk as well as statute which seems to solve this. Maybe I’ve missed something somewhere and would be grateful if anyone can suggest a way around this.

• Hey,

Just got an 520 and all seems great apart from this. Did you find a solution? Anyone?

It's made more frustrating because the dist. to next and dist. to dest. fields are displayed as miles!!!

• I was having the same issue, tried everything. Changed all my settings to something else and back again to no avail. Everything was setup exactly how it is stated above. But what eventually fixed it was to go to Settings -> Sytstem -> Units, then just set Distance and Speed to 'Statute' again - despite it already being set as that. For some reason, that worked.