This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Unable to Pair 520+ to my iPhone 7 & lousy Garmin Support

Please excuse the long post. Back pn December 2018 I bought an Edge 520+. Initially I had no problem pairing to my iPhone 7. Everything worked fine. I would receive all of  my text messages and phone call notifications on the Edge screen, emergency contacts were updated. My Garmin HRM, my Garmin front headlight and Garmin rear radar were all in the network and my magnetless speed and cadence sensors were all working fine—I would even get notifications of when the sensors’ batteries were low. In short, I was in full Garmin heaven. Then one day I could no longer pair my iPhone to the Edge (sensors and light were still networked OK). But no text messages, no phone call notifications and no emergency contacts. The pairing is gone, zip, zilch, nada. I tried every suggestion listed here to pair the device to my iPhone. Still nothing. I tried the very same steps that I had previously used for a successful pairing and still nothing. There have been no changes in equipment, everything is still the same as when I had a successful pairing, still nothing.  I finally sent an e-mail to Garmin asking for help and after a long delay I received a response from someone named BEA asking for all sorts of information. I wrote back to her with all of the requested info. Then I got an email from ANTONIO asking for the same, identical info. When I wrote back to him stating that I had already responded, he denied that I had (good thing that I do have proof of my email response to BEA).  The problems that I am now experiencing are shared by other individuals here. I bought the 520+ for its ability to pair with my iPhone—that was a huge selling point. Now it won’t do that, so the money that I paid for the 520+ was essentially a waste. As frustrating as the connection issues are, the poor Garmin support is even more frustrating. I can understand a defective product, but good grief be a stand up company and back your products with good customer support. Any suggestions on either how to achieve pairing or how to get Garmin support to move off the dime? Thanks. 

Top Replies

All Replies