This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

13.0 Battery Performance

Since getting the 13.0 firmware on my 520 my battery life seems to be better.

50 mile ride, 3 hours riding, 3.5 hour total, HR, cadence, speed sensors, phone connected. Remaining battery 48%. Much better than the <15% I was getting with previous firmware.

Is anyone else seeing an improvement?

• I have seen some improvement, though I don't think battery life is actually improved. I think we're just a more accurate estimate of remaining time. A few week ago I completely drained my Edge 520 battery to see how long it really lasts. It sat at 10% remaining for over an hour while total runtime was about 7 hours.

• I've had my 520 replaced twice, once was because there was a folder issue I was told that meant the battery was draining quickly, so the replacement gives me about 16 hours thankfully.  If you're outside the warranty, it will cost I think over £90 for a re-made device.

• 16 hours??? Really? is that on the bike run time or just sitting in the house turned on time? 

• Yep, mine is going too, heard lots of good things about Wahoo, have a few of their products and dealing with customer service here in NZ was awesome. Also hate that we have to buy Garmin in NZ, at a premium. Sucks being at the bottom of the world.

• my history with wahoo was short and painful ! if you believe garmin have bud  firmware wahoo is way out !

• I've managed to get just under 10 hours out of my 520 Plus with no phone or sensors connected, back light set to zero, and using GPS only. Claimed battery life is 15+ hours, so I called Garmin support and they're (someday, not really sure when as Online Order/Return status is useless) sending me a new one. This will be my third and last. Like just about everybody else, I'm now looking at a Wahoo Elemnt next. I've spent way to much time being an unpaid beta tester for Garmin already, and they've made it clear they don't care...