This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin 520 will no longer charge using dedicated Garmin Cable. Please help me fix

My Garmin Edge suddenly stopped charging today. I'm using the dedicated Garmin USB cable that came with the device. I have tried connecting both to a computer and to a wall outlet. It causes a power surge warning on my USB port on the computer.  IT does not turn on in charging mode when connected to wall outlet (stays powered off).  How do I fix it?   I have tried doing a soft reset multiple times.

• Have you tried using a different micro USB cable? 

• I agree - try a different micro-USB cable. It sounds like the existing cable has become damaged.

• I had this problem a couple years ago when my 520 was new. One of the pins inside the USB connector in the 520 itself was broken. I had to send it in for a warranty replacement. Got the replacement unit and it's worked ever since with the original cable still in use.

• This won't work. I have the same problem. I switched to a new charging cable, same issue. If I pick up the unit or place it upside down eventually it does charge but it is very annoying and trial and error. I think the issue is caused by unclean or even damaged connector pins in the Garmin unit itself. As mine is out of warranty I intend to take my unit to a mobile phone repair shop and ask that they clean the connector pins. Hopefully this resolves the problem.