This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Anyone else experiencing Turn By Turn issues on 520 Plus after 4.1 FW update?

For the past three long rides I've taken (30, 35 and 40 miles), I've experienced problems with the Turn by Turn navigation on my 520 Plus.  It will only give me turn by turn for about the first 10 miles or so (or maybe it's limited to the first certain number of TBT) and then it has the remainder of my ride (XX number of miles ranging from 14 to 26 depending on the route) to the finish.  A lot happens in that last interval...  I can follow the route on the map page so the map is in the unit but the TBT is spazzing out. 

I've done all sorts of trouble shooting on my own and with Garmin to the point of them sending me a replacement 520 Plus which is demonstrating the same problem. At this point I don't think it's a hardware problem. 

The TBT worked previously with no issues on rides from 17 miles up to 25 miles.  In looking at my sync files, the problem appears to be coincidental with updating to 4.1.  No problems with TBT using 4.0 and started immediately after the 4.1 update.  

I've been working with Garmin Tech support to work through this and was wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same issues?

• Hi there...have you gotten anywhere with Garmin Tech support on this.  I am having the same issues and am looking for some fixes. 

• I'm having a similar issue, but usually when a live strava segment  starts, I pass the end point of the segment but the Edge keeps tracking it, and my TBT stops, but the course is still running in the background, hope this makes sense!!

• After much trial and error I'm 99% sure it is a map issue. For some reason, if I include one specific intersection in my course it messes up all of the turn by turn from that intersection to the end of the course.  It works with the 2017 map set but not the 2019 so I don't think it's a firmware issue.  According to Garmin they show that intersection 'under construction' but it isn't, though it is a new-ish road.  It took me 6 weeks  and two replacement units and lots of trial and error to come to that conclusion.  I just avoid that one intersection and it works just fine.  I've even missed a turn and had it re-route me with no issues.  I am not sure if this is helpful information at all, I hope you get your turn by turn working!

• I think that does make sense.  I haven't specifically been using the segments and I seem to recall that I turned that option off during my troubleshooting to reduce the number of variables.  I think my issues stems from the 2019 map and the fact I'm including a specific intersection in my course (see above response).  Cheers!

• Yes, the same happened to me today. No more TBT guidance. I agree that I think it is something to do with the map.