This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Start/Stop Button Broken

I dropped my edge 520 a couple months back. The start/stop button has been finnicky every since. This is frustrating because it wasn't a long drop, but I have been able to get by with hitting a handful of times to start a ride and then using auto stop on the ride.

However, it has stopped completely. Is there a setting that would get the ride to start automatically upon movement detected? Or is there a way to open it up and fix the button?

• I will respond to my own post to help if others run into this in the future.

The fall must have dented plastic body just enough that the button would not reach the switch on the pc board. I popped the screen off, saw the problem, and now the plastic body can flex enough that the button can reach the switch.
  • Just had the same experience with my Edge 530. Dropped it and the Start/Stop button (RHS) swapped functionality with the Lap button (LHS). This worked for 6 weeks and the. Both buttons ceased working. Sounds like I’ll have to pop the screen and assess?