This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Battery life does not seem to be an issue on the 520 plus - is that correct?

Looking to replace my 520 with a 520 plus due to battery life problems. I could only see one post on the 520 plus forum re battery life. Can i take that to mean the 520 plus battery performance is better than the 520, despite being the same battery?

Cheers
  • same boat for me. I went to a 130 for battery life after having a 520, but missed some features. decided to just use both depending on the day and got a 520 plus. it's winter and snowy where I live so I'm mostly riding indoors without a Garmin, but I've done a couple long rides and ended with well over 50% battery. on my original 520 I couldn't even do a century. last long ride I did was 3:45 ride time and despite having a bunch of CIQ fields and a route running, I finished with nearly 65% battery left. time will tell if that sticks, but so far it's very promising.
  • Thanks, that sounds promising. Looking for at least 10hrs life for an upcoming event.
  • Thanks, that sounds promising. Looking for at least 10hrs life for an upcoming event.

10 hours is not a problem at all, I am getting almost the promised 15 hours out of it with the half time with navigation and always Heart Rate and PM connected. However I did not have my phone connected!
  • Just completed a 14 hour ride, with 21% battery life left at the end.
  • That's great. I ordered a refurbished 520 in the end. If that doesn't fare better i'll get a 520 plus and sell the new 520
  • I was impressed with the 520+ battery life until I connected the radar tail light. Exponentially different and currently looking for various settings to salvage battery life and still use the radar.

• I found that using smart data recording interval saves some battery