This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Bent USB Pins

Like everyone else in the world, I have owned many micro-USB devices. I've never had any device where one of the pins in the socket have bent. Except, now, two Garmin Edge 520s.

I've just come off a chat with a support agent who says told me that Garmin are unaware of other instances of this happening (they know of at least one; as they did RMA my first device) and therefore as the device is out of warranty (by a few months) they would charge approx. £100 for a repair. I contend that because this appears to be a design flaw that was present at purchase, they should provide a remedy.

I'm actually more annoyed my the dismissive, fairly rude, way the agent handled it than I am by the actual issue itself (he terminated the chat with "there is no other way I can help you" when I said I was not happy and asked him to acknowledge it is a design flaw); but I am curious to know if this is in fact just incredible coincidence on the part of these two devices or whether other owners have seen the same issue?

I now need a replacement device and I can't think of a good reason why I should buy a Garmin device again.