This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge 520 not syncing with garmin connect

hi,
sometime during the last few months my edge 520 stopped updating.
running garmin connect on android phone. I’ve tried everything . Reinstalling connect, removing paring and repairing still will not upload. Phone reports 520 connected ok and green dot is shown in top right status on garmin connect. When I open history of cycle rides and try to upload, it tries but then comes up with upload failed.

any help appreciated.
mike
  • You mean, "Upload failed" appears on the Edge or in Connect? I had a similar problem several months ago when I tried to combine two fit files which seemed to work (I was able to manually import them in Connect), but after their import, I couldn't sync the Edge anymore. Obviously, my merge corrupted the file and Connect ran into errors. I deleted the activity and after that, it worked again. Did you do something similar?
  • Nothing happens when I try to sync from connect but if I try to upload on 520 I get upload failed on 520. I did t try to combine files as far as I know just normal sync. Hadn’t used the 520 for a few months so I’m sure there have been updates to connect since then which I thought might be the problem.
  • I thought this was a support forum for Garmin... I expected an official response..
  • This is a user run forum, but there is some Garmin presence. It is not an officially support platform. If you want a response from Garmin you should directly contact Garmin Support.
  • This is a really annoying problem! You try everything is suggested in the various forums and often nothing happens! What saved me last time, was to delete and re-install the Garmin Connect app on the phone.

• Are any of you running LiveTrack while recording your rides? I ask because I had the same issue you are having (upload failures) twice, and both occurrences had something to do with LiveTrack. 

I’m not sure why but for some reason LiveTrack was still running in the background long after I ended my ride. It wasn’t until after (hours later) I received the message “LiveTrack Ended” on my Edge 520, that I was able to upload the ride to my iPhone XR. 

I’m thinking next time this happens, go into Garmin Connect and toggle LiveTrack off, and see what happens. 

• Also had this same issue.  Thanks for the tip - I went into Garmin connect app on my phone and could see livetrack was still in progress - about 16 hrs after my ride finished..... i finished the livetrack session on the app and then everything synced

• Thank you for this, Scott! I couldn't upload my ride, and the livetrack eye would not go away on my edge even after I disabled it on the edge menu. I had to open the connect app, where it showed no livetrack, restart livetrack and end it again. After that my ride uploaded automatically within seconds! Thank you very much. 

• Fantastic! Thank you. I followed your advice and it immediatly worked and uploaded 

• the sad story is that garmin crap virtually never syns on a laptop or phone--the software is rubbish and is prone to work about 5% OF THE TIME IN MY EXPERIENCE.