This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Courses not uploading in 520

I tried to upload some .tcx files into my Garmin on the weekend but they failed to appear in the Courses menu. I have followed the normal upload routine, which I have successfully completed many times, of placing the .tcx files into the NewFiles folder while in disk mode, ejecting the device and then restating. During restart I can see the Garmin is Woking and it gives a ‘converting courses(?)’ message. When i eventually go to the course menu it is blank. The .tcx were generated from ridewithgps.

Any thoghts? I am loathed to do a master reset. I run firmware 12.5

(as an aside I also have the battery issue reported elsewhere)
  • I have also tried to Sync a route created in Garmin Connect using Garmin Express and getting an error. Screen shot attached.

Following this I have done a Factory Reset and courses still do not appear after being placed in NewFiles folder. Its not a cabling issue as I can see the files appear in NewFiles. The Garmin was able to process my backed up Settings and Activity Profile files that I placed in NewFiles.

This is weird as I think done the best I can trying to eliminate the obvious issues. Is rolling back the firmware (from 12.5) an option to see if it works - if so, where do I find older versions and how do I install it?

Thanksciq.forums.garmin.com/.../1335584.png
  • Since some days I have the same problem with my Garmin 520, not showing up uploaded courses (tried all different ways to to it, via basecamp, new files etc.). It worked perfectly for years! I'm on V13. Any news/ideas about a solution? Any help would be very appreciated, I need this functionality! Thanks