This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Intensity minutes

Hi.

is there any plan of incorporating Intensity Minutes in the Edge 520? I’m using the 520 when cycling and the Fenix3HR for all other activities. This means that Intensity Minutes in reality is useless... say I focus on cycling in one phase of training then I get zero Intensity Minutes.... Since a lot of my training on bike is XC i dont want to wear my Fenix in case of crash :rolleyes:

Thanks.
  • The 830 doesn't log IM?? That's insane.

Does the HR log in the all-day report on GCM? I want to be able to have my FR935 log all-day HR, then when I ride the Edge fills the gap (w/ heart rate strap). 

• Edge devices have never calculated or contributed to Intensity Minutes in any way. This is a feature that is only available when wearing a Garmin Wearable that is compatible with this feature. If you would like to accumulate Intensity Minutes while riding with your Edge, wear your Garmin Wearable. I apologize for the confusion. 

• A lot of talk and still no luck with intensity minutes. I have Fenix 3 HR and maybe a year ago biking was counted in Intensity Minutes. Since then, it has not been calculated in Intensity Minutes and the only explanation I can  figure out is some bug in software updates. Why you have not fixed this at Garmin? The current way of counting intensity minutes is truly unmotivating.

• You need to read Matthew's post. The Intensity Minute feature is on wearable devices, not on cycling computers. It is not a bug. IM is feature connected with heart rate and number of steps. Edge devices can't calculate steps. ;)

• I’m talking about Fenix 3 HR, not Edge. Fenix 3  HR is capable of heart rate monitoring and calculating steps. Of course there is not much steps when cycling, but that goes far beyond the scope of this discussion.

• Nope. Intensity minutes has nothing to do with steps (only heart rate). The fact of not having intensity minutes on the edge is only a question of “marketing”. Very bad marketing by the way...

• IM isn't to do with steps, as the watches provide this information when swimming and other aerobic machines.

• My Forerunner35 decided today after 6 months of registering cycling that our family bike ride of 2.5h ( admittedly slower) no longer added to my IM.Why is that?I have had no updates and I am not a technophobe thus annoyed as I don't get what changed from Sat  family bike ride perfectly registered as always to today's  Monday?Please can you help?Thanks,Lory  

• Edge devices have more sensors. IM has nothing to do with steps. It’s about HR.  And can connect with the HRM, garmin even sell bundles with a HRM so it’s easy to do. They just haven’t sorted it out like other makes have like Apple and Wahoo

• Just adding that it's a miss on Garmins part to roll out these overall fitness features to help us track out fitness yet not have them integrated among their products.  I'm a runner and cyclist with an edge cycle computer and epix watch and I'm learning that in addition to intensity not being captured, also training load is missing rides captured in my edge.

Sure, I could use the epix for everything but the cycling computer works better and I don't want to put a $1k watch at risk of damage on a mountain bike ride.