This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Vivoactive 3 Broadcasting HR to Edge 520

Trying to get HR broadcast to work, I'm also experiencing things a little differently than others. On firmware 2.7 on watch, 12.4 on my Edge 520.

The broadcast starts up - either globally or in activity just fine - but after a few minutes, the Edge no longer has the heartrate rating. From the screen on the watch, it looks like it is still broadcasting but who knows whether it is still sending ANT+ signal or not. FWIW, restarting an activity on the watch will instantly cause the HR to start updating properly again on the Edge 520. This makes me think it isn’t an edge thing.... BUT,

in another experiment, the Edge held onto the HR information for about 25 minutes, but then stopped working. It stopped right when it also dropped the connection to the phone. But then it reconnected to the phone but didn't reconnect to the watch. FWIW, when riding outside earlier, it dropped connection to phone as well, but reconnected to all the other sensors - power meter, edge remote, D-Fly (DI2 broadcast "fob"). It also will reconnect to my HR strap when I wear it.

i also tried turning off Bluetooth on the Edge. This eliminates the dropped phone connection but after a small amount of time (say 15 minutes) the HR stops updating on the Edge.

Thoughts?
  • I am having the same problem. Seems that it works for about 2min then gives up. Turning broadcast off and on restarts it, but then it stops broadcasting shortly thereafter.
  • I have the exact same issue with my Vivoactive 3 but in combination with an ANT+ Dongle and Zwift. It works for 10 Minutes and then just drops..reactivating the broadcast feature makes it work for one or two minutes before it drops again. Sometimes the watch just completely freezes and I can't even restart the broadcast feature without restarting the watch.
    I think it's definitely a problem with the Vivoactive, the broadcast feature has been buggy ever since the watch came out.
  • Two years later vivoactive 4 and Edge 130 combo... Same issues

Honestly, I thought that Garmin is a serious brand. From what I see and experience so far am very disappointed. 

Maybe they want us to buy hr strap? But I wont and I won't recommend garmin to anyone! 

• Lot of time later and now same issue with VA3 and edge 820. Issue is it worked flawlessy for almost 2 years along any sw update. Nothing changed in last moths and now broadcasting last at most 2 minutes (VA3 7.20 Edge exlore 820 12.10)

Already reset to factory the VA3 to no avail.