This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

upload failed??????

hello
garmin 520 user (obviously since i'm on this forum)i did a ride then ended ride then hit save ride. after a few minutes of putting up my bike, changing clothes etc. i tried to upload my ride from the garmin but it says failed to upload. i then went to history and viewed the ride and tried to upload from there but it continues to fail. is there anything i can do to save and upload the ride to connect? the 520 is current on updates.
thanks
rob
  • Since I got a 520 plus today did a google search and this was the first thing that came up but wasnt helpful I have an iphone connected to it via bluetooth.

I shut my phone off and turned it back on then opened the garmin connect app and hit the circle on the top left to sync. It immediately sent my two stored rides to Garmin connect and (previously setup) Strava

So a simple phone reboot fixed my problem.
  • I still have this problem. Anyone else? It's really frustrating sometimes when you are out and about and you want to sync it right away ????
  • It's still a regular problem for me. Maybe one out of 5 rides I don't have to power cycle the 520 to get it to upload. Been thinking about doing a reset to factory defaults on it.
  • Got that dialed but then it wont download to Strava. The ride is stuck on GC.

• Hello friend Karlw , I can't see my riding record in computer Garmin wedsite , but I see my edge 520 have the record but just don't upload to my apps !!! Can advice ?

• I had this problem for the first time, today.  Garmin Mobile Connect did a software update at the same time it was supposed to be syncing, and appears the sync failed in the confusion.

• First ride with mine today, had the same dramas for about an hour trying to upload the ride, I then went into garmin connect and turned of automatic upload, pressed upload ride again on the 520 and it went straight in, and synced to strava, hope this helps.

• I had the problem today. Manual upload didn't work. I just turned off my 520, restarted then did a manual upload. It worked. Will check to see if next ride automatically uploads.

• i am facing a same issue which ROBV214 has mention, trying to upload the workout through GC mobile.It is showing upload failed.I am uploading the workouts through GC website. i have done the hard reset of device and remove the device from mobile and re added . then also i am facing the same issue does anyone have the solution ?

• I'm having the same problem with my Garmin with 5.70 update! Crazy, it was working just fine but with this latest system update it has gone bonks!