This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How do I assign gear (bike) to activity profile?

Can I assign a bike to a activity profile?

I have a Mountain Bike and a Road Bike that I use often. I have cadence/speed sensors on each and share a heartbeat monitor for both.

When syncing with connect, strava and mapmyride, I have to go back and choose which bike I used. Is there a way to automate this?
  • Can I assign a bike to a activity profile?

I have a Mountain Bike and a Road Bike that I use often. I have cadence/speed sensors on each and share a heartbeat monitor for both.

When syncing with connect, strava and mapmyride, I have to go back and choose which bike I used. Is there a way to automate this?

Was there ever an answer to this? I was wondering the same, can you assign default sensors and bikes to an activity profile? (for Edge 1030 in my case)
  • Greg-Silver and Cageman - You can setup the Gear Tracking Feature in Garmin Connect Web or App and it will be 'automated' for each subsequent activity. This link (Gear Tracking Feature in Garmin Connect) should help you setting this up. This information will not transfer to Strava or MapMyRide.
  • Hi,

Anyway to get this to distinguish between road and mountain biking? 

it would be really nice to have multiple items associated to each activity profile (Road, Mtn, Trainer, Run, etc...)

for example when I ride road vs mtn it would be great if Garmin Connect automatically assign the right bike, chain, tires, etc... based on the activity profile Now it only automatically selects only 1 piece default of equipment all bike rides.

Thx Ron

• This would be a very useful feature and pretty easy to implement.  

• This really does frustrate me, as I am sure many others have the same problem. I want my profile to upload to the correct type of bike in Strava please! Even if you make me name the profile the same as the Strava bike name to make it work - anything please. This would save that hassle of always having to edit, which you don't always remember, so screws up the statistics. Please sort this one out for us all.

• Garmin why have you not responded to the actual commonly asked question. Gear tracking doesn't work if the wrong gear is credited for an activity.  Can Garmin once and for all tell it's customers why a specific piece of gear can't be set as the default for an activity profile?  It Again (MTB) bike gear set for a MTB activity profile.  A spin bike set as the default gear for an indoor bike activity profile.  Indoor running shoes for a treadmill activity profile or outdoor shoes for an outside run profile.  If it's not easy then why doesn't Garmin educate us? Why can't loyal or repeat customers that stay with Garmin for their upgrades have a feature that was present on older models?

• This would be a great feature. 

• I submitted a feature request here: www.garmin.com/.../

I suggest we all do the same. Maybe if Garmin gets a bunch of requests for the same feature, they might implement it. 

Here is the text of my request if you want to copy/paste it:

I have an edge 530 (though I'm sure this applies to all edge devices) which uses activity profiles. The feature idea is to allow me to associate default gear with an activity profile. For example my spin bike with my Indoor profile, MTB with my MTB profile, and road bike with my Road profile.

As it currently stands, all activities use the same gear item, and I have to change the gear after I finish the activity.

• Good idea, I just made the same suggestion.

This seems like such a no brainer can’t believe Garmin hasn’t already implemented this idea.

• Can Garmin once and for all tell it's customers why a specific piece of gear can't be set as the default for an activity profile?

PupilPath