This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Temperature Probleme with EDGE 520

HI

I have a probleme with the temperature, it stay in -5°C since few days. The altimetrie is bad to. I've tried to reset, but it doesn't work, do you have any idea to solve my probleme ?
  • I think you will need to contact Garmin support and get the unit replaced. Temperature and altitude (barometric pressure) come from the same device and it sounds like it has developed a fault.
  • Any feedback about your problem and if you sorted it out?

I've started having the exact same problem you report, temperature always showing -5ºC and altimeter reporting crazy values.
  • You need to contact support - the temperature/barometer component would appear to have failed in your Edge 520.
  • I am also facing the same issue. How to get the device replaced in India?
  • Has the device been used recently in heavy rain?
    I've had similar symptoms after a wet session.
    The altimeter sensor hole blocks up.
    Thoroughly dry the unit in a warm dry environment.
  • Também estou exatamente com os mesmos problemas. AngryRage

• Was this ever resolved?  Mine just started showing -5°C all the time and when turned on, altitude counts down from 20000 metres. Barometer vents are not blocked. I've tried hard and soft resets, formatting, clearing holes, washing in warm soapy water (all tips from this forum). I can tell the hole is not blocked. One day it worked fine (dry). Three days later it didn't work fine (dry). So it failed whilst switched off?!!!!!

• Was this ever resolved?  Mine just started showing -5°C all the time and when turned on, altitude counts down from 20000 metres. Barometer vents are not blocked. I've tried hard and soft resets, formatting, clearing holes, washing in warm soapy water (all tips from this forum). I can tell the hole is not blocked. One day it worked fine (dry). Three days later it didn't work fine (dry). So it failed whilst switched off?!!!!!

• It is a conspiracy to make us buy new hardware, my 520 (otherwise perfect) has also just recently started doing this, Rang Garmin support, they say it is a hardware fault with the chip / component that does both temperature and elevation, can't be repaired. They said to contact the "out of warranty" refurbishment number for my region and I might be able (if any are still available) to buy a refurbished unit for about 25-35% of the old recommended retail price.(and return the current unit to them)