This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

no selection for "Strava Live Segments" in menu

I've had my Garmin 520 since September, and I've finally decided to mess around with Strava Live Segments. I have the most up to date software on the edge 520 and Garmin Connect on my iPhone. I have many starred segments on Strava, and they show up in Garmin Connect on the web.

On my Edge 520, If I go to Menu->Training, all I have is a "Segments" selection. There is no "Strava Live Segments". I've never ever seen that. If I select Segments, I get a message that says "No segments saved." and another that says to go to garminconnect.com to set up segments.

Wasn't this the big feature of previous software releases? Why is it not working?

Thanks.

Gary
  • On GC do they show up in the "Exchange icon" as pending to be transferred. (The 2 arrowed icon on the left of the GC home screen)
  • On GC do they show up in the "Exchange icon" as pending to be transferred. (The 2 arrowed icon on the left of the GC home screen)

Seeing this a bit late. I didn't notice. I don't know what I did to fix the problem, but I am seeing the Strava Live Segments now. I tried like 10 different things, sometimes stuff more than once. If I remember correctly, the last thing I tried was to remove all the segments I had saved, and started starring segments again.
  • Hi,

I'm having the same problem and I can't fin the solution. I only have the Segments option on the menu. I'm trying the add the ''Strava Live Segments'' manu but I can't fin the ''Exchange icon'' on my garmin connect. 

Is there any other way to get my live segments on my menu?

Thanks,

Maxime

• I had the same problem. Renewed Strava account with Analysis Summit pack. If I choose Strava segments on GC it shows the starred ones no problem, but GC does not sync/load them to Edge 520.

Have tried to unlink, linked... nothing makes it work. Finally I used the desktop Garmin Express to force synchronisation and Live segments appeared in Edge 520 menu. 

• Thanks for the info but unfortunately it still doesn't work for me. I did a factory reset on my edge 520 and unliked my GC from my Strava segments and then sync my Edge 520 with Garmin Express. After that, I've reconnected my GC with my Strava segments and resync my Edge 520 again. My Strava segments were uploaded to my Edge 520 but I still do not have the ''Strava Live Segments'' menu. 

Do you have any suggestion to make it appear?

• I finally got it. I had to manually delete the Segment folder and segment file on my device with my PC and sync again, it then changed the menu to Strava Live Segments! 

• Hi
    I have a problem with garmin 520
    I sync strava live segments into the garmin - the segments are not passes to a garmin.
    When I go into the menu/training - appears only segments, not strava live segments.
    I did everything like in manual, I did disconect/connect from garmin from strava a thousands of times, I did a factory reset - nothing changes.
    I had to manually delete the Segment folder and segment file on my device with my PC and sync again, like you - nothing changes too.
    Please help me

Thank you
    Max
  • I tried and succeeded.

In Garmin Connect on my mobile phone (Android) under Settings, find Aplications of other publishers (I do not know correct title because english is not my primary language), open Strava and then confirm Use Strava live segments.

• hi id like to ad some info to this i had same problem anyway solved it after 36 hours all you have to to do is go to the app on your phone go into more bottom left corner on iphone x goto training then segments then launch hey presto jobs a good un go open garmin express sync done