This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge 25 feature enhancement thread

I've had my Edge 25 for about 2 weeks now and really like it.

Because it is a relatively new product I think this Forum needs a Features Request thread. A place the early adopters can voice their opinions on what they think is missing, what they would like changed and what they would like added.

Of course some changes are limited by hardware. Can't have barometric altimeter added in a firmware unless there is a barometer hiding in there somewhere ... ALSO in a small unit there may be some processing power and/or memory storage constraints.

but anyway here goes - in no particular order:

• make a zoomed out version of the course map included in the scroll as an option (indicating where I am on course)
  • add HR to P1 or P2 text displays
  • If I set a course like a criterium or circuit I want it to auto lap count based on geography and not "5 miles"
  • longer text string for course names
  • place to display the amount of memory used/available
  • a way to set up what displays you want it to scroll through
  • sometimes I just want to watch cadence and HR
  • a way to check calibration of speed/distance sensor (I rode 10 miles according to GPS and I rode 9.99 miles according to speed sensor)
  • make the beeps silent on the device but audible through the bluetooth connected device
  • make email and calendar alerts flash up like phone and text alerts from bluetooth connected devices
  • battery stretch mode - power save settings - maybe turn off display except when a button is pressed etc. so all it does is collect GPS location, speed, HR, cadence data and when a turn is imminent in a course it displays that (I am assuming the display takes some power)
  • here is a hardware one - but it is an accessory: extended battery pack product
  • gear inches display - you know the speed and you know the cadence, you should be able to figure out what gears I am in
  • another hardware one - maybe an accessory or for the next version: an grade sensor (accelerometer based?) - am I riding uphill or down? does the sensor match the Map source? could this make altitude gain/loss more accurate?

anyone else?
add some - vote for ones you like/would prioritize