This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge 25 courses

Just trialled my edge 25 this weekend.

Courses seem to be a bit hit & miss. Creating routes on garmin connect is the only way I can get a route onto the edge25. Then you can view the map & details of the route. However when I try to follow the route the unit crashes & restarts.

I've tried putting gpx tracks & tcx into the root folder 'New Folder' similar method to 500/800 edge but this has no effect & route isn't loaded.

The only way it seems to work is to follow a route previously recorded on the device. That does seem to work well however not useful for new routes.

Anybody have a work around as without that functionality it's a deal breaker for me:(
  • I found that FIT files that you load onto the Garmin Edge 20/25 - in my case a 20 - through the newfiles folder need to have time properties and two courses on the device cannot have the same start time. Downloaded or hand-drawn tracks often lack time properties and converted tracks may have identical, default time stamps. Make sure that the files contain correct time tags and FIT files load onto the device nicely by adding them to the newfiles folder and switching the device off and on.

First make sure that your GPX track has correct time stamps, for example with GOTOES 'Add Time Stamps to GPX Files'. Make sure to set the Activity Start Time.

After that, GPSies Convert can convert GPX tracks to proper FIT files for the Edge 20/25 as long as you set the Speed (mph) parameter to 0 (zero). Use any other value or leave the speed parameter empty and GPSies will use a default start time (2010-01-01T00:00:00Z) that causes upload of a second file converted with GPSies.com to the Edge 20/25 to fail.