This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

2nd hand - actiivities from preowner

Hi,

I bought an Edge 25 for my girl friend from second hand. I reseted the device to factory defaults and connected it with her Garmin Connect account. But unfortunately, now the activities from the preowner are loaded to her connect account after syncinf the edge with connect. We deleted the activities, but they come again everytime after syncing.

1. How can we remove this link between the device and the connect account of the preowner? Can Garmin do that for us?
2. Can the preowner now also see the new activities which my girlfriend tracks with the edge 25?

Thank you very much! BR Bernhard
  • Bernhard - It sounds like all of the activities did not get cleared off the Edge during your reset. There is no way to link two accounts to pull data from one account to the other and there would be no way for the previous owner to see any new activities performed on the Edge 25.

To fix the problem I would recommend connecting the Edge to a computer, open the Garmin Folder and deleting the Activities Folder.
  • Thank you for assistance. I contacted the preowner and he deleted the edge device from his Garmin Connect account via browser. Then my girl friend deleted the activities and they never came again when syncing the device with her account. We didn't check the folder with computer as it was then already solved.