This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge 25 having a really hard time calculating elevation gain when riding off road

I noticed that the unit is really bad at calculating elevation gain during cyclocross races.
I usually end up with 0 meters, or a really low number, which, although it is clear I am not climbing Alpe d'Huez, should be consistent with other racers' numbers.
  • The Edge 25 doesn't have a barometric altimeter so it has to depend on GPS which is less accurate. You might want to enable elevation corrections in the Garmin Connect web site after uploading activities.
  • Too true it's inaccurate. I've lost 6,000 feet in 4 sportives and probably half of Everest since January! Garmin's advice of reset the computer by shutting it down and starting again doesn't seem very helpful. Strava have also given me some guidance which I've yet to try out. But it seems they both may be using poor base mapping, which given the availability of OS (the best in the world) seems ridiculous.