This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Live Track no longer working

Former Member
Former Member
Hi, for some reason, the live track is no longer working. I can send a link to my wife`s email but when she opens it, all she gets is a blank screen. She uses an ipad to track me and it`s up to date as is my garmin unit. I have also un-installed and re-installed Garmin Connect on my phone.

Any one got any suggestions?
  • Adding my experiences to the chorus (and special thanks to the Garmin Twitter reps for doing the work to get me logged into the forums so I could add my two cents):

Phone is a Pixel 3 running the latest stock Android. Watch is a Forerunner 735XT.

LiveTrack stopped working for me on November 20th, which corresponds to the 4.13.3 update. (It's worth noting that it did appear to work with the 4.13.2 update on November 16.) I would start LiveTrack manually before starting the activity on my watch. After finishing the activity on my watch, LiveTrack would not end on its own but instead would need to be ended manually. I can't say what folks saw while I was running, but afterwards I would see the world map with a "The activity is not yet complete, but the tracking session has ended." box. By the time I was looking at it and seeing this message, the activity would have automatically uploaded itself to Garmin Connect.

I tried unpairing and the watch and going through set-up again, with multiple iterations (with reinstalling the app, a phone restart, watch restart, watch factory reset - and for the record, when that's done, is there any way to transfer the calculated VO2 stats back TO the watch? Because it's really obnoxious to have put in the work to finally see it climb back up to the numbers I was at pre-injury, only to reset the watch for troubleshooting this and have it be 5 points lower than it was because of it, when the app knows where it was yesterday). None of that made any difference. All of these runs were in places with good cell connectivity and the Bluetooth connection between my phone and the watch was solid, as indicated by the run after the reset where I forgot to turn Smart Notifications off and the watch was buzzing with those throughout the run.

I drew the line at doing a phone reset but I wasn't sure what else to do at that point; that was the day I saw CGhost's comments on this thread: https://forums.garmin.com/forum/into-sports/garmin-connect/1430825-no-signal-trying-to-connect-live-track

Based on his comments about wanting to try and roll back, I did find a copy of the APK for 4.12.3 and loaded that onto my phone. Voila, success at LiveTracking again. It's worked perfectly for the past week, since I rolled myself back. (If you do this, turn off auto-update on the Google Play store for the app or it will helpfully update you back to current, which is unhelpful in this case.) I probably could have also grabbed 4.13.3 and it would work, based on the fact that tracking was working for me until November 20th, but I decided to play it safe and now that it's working I don't really want to mess with it. I need the tracking for my family to know when to be at the finish to cheer me for my first marathon finish in just over 3 weeks, so getting it working again was important.
  • Excellent information Linthium - thank you. Can you say where you found the APK for 4.12.3? I have exactly the same need for my wife and I to be able to track each other and am willing to give up all improvements in the later versions of GCM just to get LiveTrack working again. Thanks again for your help.
  • I worked around the issue using 4.12.3. I tried the 4.13 versions and had the same issue. I found the APK here: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/garmin/garmin-connect-mobile/garmin-connect-mobile-4-12-3-release/

@Garmin: Is there any update as to when this will be resolved?
  • Yeah - that worked! I'll be sticking with 4.12.3 until Garmin fixes the problem. Thanks so much.
  • Any news on this Garmin? On iPhone, email work, tracking work via the link sent. But on ech other watch, we can’t us. Group tracking functionnality seems to be broken since a while...
  • Tried it today on latest GCM 4.15 for Android. Using OnePlus 6 on Android 9, Livetrack worked nicely for a 50 mile ride with my Edge 25 over 3.5 hours.
  • Yep. Version 4.15 worked for me this morning, too. I'm using a Pixel 3 XL. Thank you, alexeames for letting us know it's working now.
  • I have an Iphone 7 and Garmin Connect app. Livetrack work fine until week ago it just stopped. Can't get it to work
  • The Android version recently updated to 4.16 which also still works with my Edge 25, OnePlus 6 and LiveTrack :)
  • So what's the solution?