This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Live Track no longer working

Hi, for some reason, the live track is no longer working. I can send a link to my wife`s email but when she opens it, all she gets is a blank screen. She uses an ipad to track me and it`s up to date as is my garmin unit. I have also un-installed and re-installed Garmin Connect on my phone.

Any one got any suggestions?
  • The uninstall and reinstall of the app was a good idea. When I’ve had problems like this, if I completely clean the slate then re-setup things it seems to fix all the problems. So I don’t know if you want to go this far, but you could remove the Bluetooth connection to your edge 25 and remove the Garmin Connect app. And then on the actual Edge 25 you could totally reset it back to factory settings. And then go through setting everything back up like it was new. You won’t have lost any history as it is all syncd up to garmin connect. And I know a pain to go through and you wouldn’t want to have to do often but hey if it is just one time thing you need to do and it forces it, then it’s worth it. Good luck.
  • Same here. For about 2-3 weeks it hasn't been working with my Edge 25 and android app on two different phones. Garmin Connect Mobile has updated at least twice during that time. Just tried this morning with latest version 4.13.5 and still no dice :(
  • alexeames - What exactly is happening during your LiveTrack? Does the LiveTrack start and show no detail in the link that is sent? Does it not start at all? When was the last time you were able to use LiveTrack successfully?
  • I'm having the same issue. Start LiveTrack on Connect, looks like it's working and email is sent, then I start ride on Edge25. When I return from my ride I am told that the link in the LiveTrack email didn't work, didn't lead to a live activity.
  • In answer to the question of what exactly is happening:

1. You press "Start Livetrack" on the phone and all appears normal from the point of view of the sender.
    2. You then begin the activity on the device, and the device itself works properly.
    3. The recipient(s) receive the normal email stating the Livetrack event has started, but the location of the sender on the map is either incorrect or just stationary.
    4. On the map, the recipient(s) see the message "No signal. Trying to connect (Livetrack)". This message persists throughout the entire activity.
    5. When the sender ends the activity, the completed event (including the entire track traversed) is successfully uploaded. It can then be viewed, after the fact, by both sender and recipient(s).
    6. All other bluetooth functions between the device and phone, including smart notifications and completed activity transfers, work perfectly during the activity. Livetrack is the only thing that doesn't function.

I've tried two different phones (Samsung S8 and S9, both with Android 8.0), two different carriers (Verizon and T-Mobile), two different watches (920XT and Fenix 5S), the two most recent versions of GCM (4.13.4 and 4.13.5), and also un-paired and re-paired the watches. Nothing has worked to fix this problem in any combination of this equipment. Livetrack had been working fine with all the aforementioned components up until about a month ago. I'm just guessing, but it appears that the problem started at or near the GCM 4.13.3 update.
  • CGhost - Thanks for all the information about your incomplete LiveTrack. I have added a link to this forum thread to our report and we are working on a resolution. I apologize to all affected by this problem.
  • alexeames - What exactly is happening during your LiveTrack? Does the LiveTrack start and show no detail in the link that is sent? Does it not start at all? When was the last time you were able to use LiveTrack successfully?

Livetrack starts, sends emails to those in the list, but when they click on the link the page shows a world map with a message about 'signal lost - trying to reconnect'. Livetrack stays live throughout the whole ride and then I have to stop it manually.

thanks

Alex
  • Same problem here -
    1. The FR235 shows normal activity tracking with timer, distance etc. running.
    2. The phone is connected to FR235 and to internet
    3. On the phone, LiveTrack says:"Forerunner 235 connected" and "Start the timer on the Garmin device to share an activity in the LiveTrack session".
    4. The remote recipient gets an error message "No Signal, trying to connect" on a world map without any indication of the track.
    Equipment: FR235, Galaxy S8 phone.
  • Livetrack starts, sends emails to those in the list, but when they click on the link the page shows a world map with a message about 'signal lost - trying to reconnect'. Livetrack stays live throughout the whole ride and then I have to stop it manually.

thanks

Alex

Same problem here;
    Edge 130
    Samsung S7
    Livetrack starts, sends emails but the link only shows a world map and the "signal lost" message. I also have to manually stop Livetrack after the ride completes.

I have uploaded the Garmin folder from my device per Garmin support on the following issue:Reference ID: 12986721K1 / Q#:1002453

This was working until the time period around the GCN 4.13.3 update.
  • Same issue for me
    Fénix 3 8.90
    Sony XPERIA XZ2c Android Pie (9)