This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge 25 HRM data field

Former Member
Former Member
There has been a number of people that have pointed out that the inability to use HRM as a data field on the custom screens is a significant limitation. Can someone from Garmin please comment and let us know whether to expect this in an update or not? This is a big deal to me; probably a deal breaker, and it seems to be a big deal to others. It's a safety issue. We shouldn't be changing screens while rolling and the ability to choose any combination of data on the custom screens is the way to do this. Garmin, please comment.
  • Just updating I'm using my BPM in screen 1 with cadence and speed....after 2 rides and uploading with the android GC app the BPM is still on screen 1...... this is a game changer for me!!!!!
    Just donated $10
  • I thought omission of HR fields form the page 1 and 2 was a bug, so I created case with Garmin support.

Manual shows BPM and Zone as valid data fields. And it sounds natural to have them there when cadence (also sensor-based) is available. So the fact that these fields are actually not on actual unit sounds like a bug. See the manual:
    http://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webhelp/edge20-25/EN-US/GUID-92319C6A-D2BC-47B0-9A2B-8120799B77F7.html

Just FYI, Garmin support repeatedly rejected this being a bug. They claim it is not technically possible to add HR to page 1 and page 2. This despite http://www.edge25.net proving they're wrong.
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 7 years ago
    Great and Thanks

http://www.edge25.net/

It worked like a charm!!! And I did a sync with Garmin Express without wiping out the data fields.
  • I think this thread should be a sticky with *fixed* in the title. Cant wait to give this a try.

I assume it would be prudent to keep a second copy of the file somewhere just in case the generator site goes down.
  • Agreed, Garmin need to fix this and not have users resorting to third party workarounds, I wont recommend or buy again until fixed , Garmin!?
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 6 years ago
    Great and Thanks

http://www.edge25.net/

It worked like a charm!!! And I did a sync with Garmin Express without wiping out the data fields.

I just purchased the edge 25 and when I connect to computer I don't see any files like show on the link above. Can anyone help me try to fix this. I just spend a lot on a Garmin that isn't doing what I need. Thanks so much to whomever can talk me through fixing this.
  • Poor show GARMIN. My Edge 25 wasn't cheap, yet when I unbox it I'm disappointed. Yes it can do HR from a paired device, and yes I can do custom data layout. BUT you don't allow users to show their paired HR devices in the custom layout.....come on that's unbelievable. I bought it 'cos it does HR, GPS, and Speed and has custom layouts - but on using it you've dropped the ball once more in software. I could have bought something far cheaper FROM SOMEONE ELSE and been happy ootb. Thankfully a 3rd party has helped me. You've got lots of competition, and the next time I buy a device you'll have more.....best get your thinking caps on and promote brand loyalty through excellence of service, else you'll go the way of many others who took their customers for granted.
  • I just purchased the edge 25 and when I connect to computer I don't see any files like show on the link above. Can anyone help me try to fix this. I just spend a lot on a Garmin that isn't doing what I need. Thanks so much to whomever can talk me through fixing this.

Need more info to help.

But basically the Garmin should show up like a USB device (or thumb drive). The instructions on the site were clear enough for me to find the necessary files, although you have to burrrow down a couple levels IIRC.
  • I bought my Garmin Edge 25 a few years ago primarily to record my Heart Rate. It had three data fields and I could monitor my HR during exercise. It is only after a recent update that I an now no longer able to do this. I can no longer pair my HR monitor strap with the device.

In the review by DCRainmaker it shows the three fields. In the Cycling weekly review it says that there are two data fields but a third can be added using Garmin Connect. I have tried unsuccessfully. In the instructions that came with the device it shows how to set HR zones and how to pair a sensor ie. a HR monitor.

I have contacted Garmin support but as yet have not had a satisfactory explanation.

The Garmin Edge is not cheap and mine now has become unfit for the purpose I bought it or.

• You have to perform a factory reset if you can't pair sensors, I had the same problem last year. Use the Edge 25 settings page on the Garmin Connect website instead of the app, it has much more options to customize data fields, including three fields on Page 1 and/or 2