This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge 130 wont turn on

Due to not having to commute during lockdown and some ill health I haven't needed to use my Edge 130 for around a year until this week when I was back in the office. However, after putting it on charge last night and checking it this morning I found that it no longer powers on without being plugged in. I have seen a lot of other comments on here about similar problems of the battery dying.

I contacted Garmin support chat to see if there was a way to replace the battery at all but it seems the only way to do that is to throw more money at it for a replacement as it is out of warranty now. I can understand a battery dying if it has had a lot of use but this is the first time I have had something fail that cost so much after so little use. At the moment I am considering putting my money towards a different brand as I have lost some confidence in this model and maybe Garmin. Has anyone tried replacing the battery themselves or is it possible?

• There are several threads on this forum on successful battery replacement, in particular replacing with one of greater capacity.  Search on "130 battery", you'll find the threads.  An alternate or perhaps short term fix is to use an external lipstick battery while riding.  I do this for sub-freezing winter rides, it works well as long as you don't mind a battery mounted on the stem.  You should find my thread on this in your search as well.

• Thank you. I think this is the only way forwards for me on this as I can't afford the replacement price at the moment or a new one.