This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

upload ride with GPS Courses

On Ride with GPS, i can download course and it says for Garmin and shows me where to put the file on the Garmin, but the Garmin didn't recognize it.

Is this a format issue or another issue.  My bike club uses Ride with GPS more that STRAVA routes, so I like to be able to use my Garmin to navigate those.

Thanks in advance

• Can you zip then attach one of these RWGPS courses to your post? Possibly a format issue. Might require a bit of a tweak to get Garmin to accept it. Are you trying to send it directly to the device? I usually import as a course to Garmin Connect, then send to Garmin over the Garmin Connect app or using Garmin Express with the Garmin device attached.

• The file I tried was a *.tcx file.  it told me to transfer via USB to the Garmin "NewFiles" folder which i did.  I hadn't tried the connect app, as I'm using a PC.  I will see if i can do that using connect.

• On a PC you can do the same using Garmin Connect Web to "send to device," which will launch Garmin Express to complete the task.

• I also use RWGPS courses on my Edge 130.  But I download the .fit format file and place in the usual Garmin folder:  (Gamin\Newfiles)