This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Edge 130 will not sync with Connect on Android

My Garmin Edge 130 is less than 1 year old. Until yesterday it has been performing perfectly. Yesterday and today, it will not sync with Connect on my Android phone. It acts like it's syncing. The progress bar moves. But nothing happens. The ride event/data doesn't appear in Connect. Also, the "appearance" of synching (the progress bar movement) is ungodly slow. It took an hour to finish today and when it finished -- nada. 
My Garmin Vivoactive 3 syncs just fine and Connect is working fine otherwise (reporting to Strava, updating data from my watch, etc,.)
Would love some help fixing this b/c the Edge is a lot for accurate than the watch.

• It could be that the activity (fit files) are corrupt. To verify, try a manual upload to Garmin Connect - How Do I Manually Upload an Activity I Recorded to Garmin Connect?

If you get any message other than Import Complete, then there is a problem with the file. Attach it to this thread. We can take a look to see if it is repairable.

• Zip the file, then in a reply post Insert >> Image/video/file >> click Upload >> browse for file >> OK.
    • Or upload the fit file to a file sharing service, such as OneDriveGoogle DriveDropbox, etc., then post a link to the file in your post.
  • The Edge 130 is not recognized by my PC as a storage device. I plug it in and all it does is charge.

• Assume you're using the Garmin USB cable that came with your edge?

You could also try this:

Force to Mass Storage:

1. Power the device off
    2. Press and hold the lap button while plugging into USB
    3. Wait 10 to 15 seconds and device should go to mass storage
  • So I tried the instructions here to try and make it recognizable: https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=Z4F9sPcNwy98Vj91uEHuG6

Absolutely nothing happened. How is anything supposed to happen to give the device instructions when the device is powered down? Makes no sense, but I tried it three times. Nada.

What is the "lap" button?

No I am not using the original USB cable. I am using a perfectly adequate USB cable that works with plenty of other devices. I have no idea where the original is. The cable should no be proprietary since it's a standard USB and standard connection on the device.

• Finally got it to connect. Trying to find the files. Hang tight.

• The cable should no be proprietary

Correct, but some USB cables will only charge and not transfer data.

• Fair enough. I swapped cables and it worked. So... Now it gets interesting. 

I uploaded the two files that were not showing up in my Android Connect, and the app on my laptop said that they were already there, so I did some digging and sure enough, the files did sync at some point, but they are not showing up in my Connect unless I go down a few levels to look for "Activities>Cyclng". I am accustomed to seeing the event show up on the Summary page, but they didn't -- UNTIL I viewed them deep in Actvities, and NOW they show up on the summary page. Very odd behavior.
    I wonder why the sync seemed incomplete and so very slow? It's usually about 20 seconds and done.
    It's an odd, inconvenient bug but if it persists, I can live with it. 
    Anyway -- THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP. I GREATLY APPRECIATE IT!

• And now the device will not power down. It's just hung on th Garmin logo screen. Buggy AF.

• Took 5 tries but I finally got it to power down. Then it wouldn't power back up! LOL!!!! Another 4 tries and Voila! It's back to normal. For now. I hope. We'll see. Thanks for everything. I hope this takes.