This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge 130 seems to have gone haywire

Hi Everyone,

I have an Edge 130 I purchased last June that just seems to have lost its mind in the last day.  I had it out for a few rides the last few weeks and everything went fine.  I wanted to compare my new power meters to my Saris H3 power readings, so I put the bike on the trainer, shut off GPS on the Edge and did a long ride indoors recording both with Zwift and with the Edge 130.  That went fine and I got the data I needed.

I hooked up the Edge to charge it last night and disconnected it when I got up this morning.  I went in to turn GPS back in and it wouldn'tt turn on.  I run through the steps, and no matter what I pick, the Edge returns to the previous menu and GPS is still off.  It acts like I hit the return button instead of the select button (and I am NOT doing that - I'm certain).  Now, even though it says GPS is off in the menu, I noticed it said "GPS Ready" at one point on the main screen...so I'm like, what?  I decided to go walk around with it for a minute and record something to see what I actually go, and that's when I noticed all my data page setups were gone.

I haven't really used it, so I'm not sure how that would have happened, but I went about setting one back up and when I was done went to do the walk again, and the data page I just set up isn't there.  I tried setting up a simple one-item page and it's not saving them.

Is my Edge borked?  I will probably reach out to support since it's less than a year old, but I'm not sure what else to do.  I've shut it off and restarted it several times and nothing seems to snap it out of its funk.

Any suggestions on things to try?

Thanks,

Gary

• Quick update.  I just played with it a big more, and it appears I can't change any settings.  If I change one (like turning auto-pause on/off), the slider moves, but after I exit and go back in the setting has reverted to it's previous state.  I guess I'm going to reach out to support, but if anyone knows of a way to "reset" this thing, I'd be game to try that.

Thanks,

Gary

• One more update.  Contacted support and got a call back in less than a minute.  Agent was super patient and helpful and walked through a number of things with me.  Ultimately none of them worked so we did a factory reset as a last resort before sending it back.  That seems to have snapped it out of its funk and it's working again.  Went through pairing with phone again and everything seems to be working again like it should.  Fingers crossed, but I now have a record with them of the problem before the warranty period expires in case it happens again.

• I related problem happened to a friend of mine. I could not access some of the settings like auto sleep. The slider is grey. Turns out if I un-pair his iphone, everything is accessible again.

• Thanks - if this happens again maybe I'll try unpairing with the phone before doing the reset.  I don't have a ton of settings I needed to go back and re-do, but if I can avoid it all the better.