This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge 130 - .fit file names for recorded activities

Dear all,

I just got an Edge 130 as secondary unit for commuting, local rides, track cycling etc. where I don´t need the maps of my Edge 830. So far I am quite happy with the device, but there is one thing that bugs me a little bit:

The fit file name for the recorded activities are something like "A9FK2352.FIT" while on my Edge 830 it is "YYYY-MM-DD-HH-MM-SS.fit" which makes much more sense and gives a logical order of the files on my harddrive. With the Edge 130 I have to rename them manually and it is not always clear what the latest file is on the device. Not a big deal, but  annoying.

As I don´t upload my files to Garmin Connect and just store and analyze them locally it would be cool if the Edge 130 could have the same nameing convention as the 830, or at least something including the date of recording.

Or is this an intentional shortcoming to seperate the inexpensive 130 from the more expensive units, as it is with the missing temperature field for example?

Greetings,

Stefan