This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge 130 won't start recording

Hi

Normally when you start a ride you click the play button, a triangle icon is displayed on the screen and off you go.

It's been that way till this morning, now I press the play button, it just says GPS is ready - Press <play icon> and it won't start recording.

It's not the button itself because I can still use it to choose from the menu.

Any ideas?

• Chiming in with the same problem, first noticed on June 22, 2020. GPS acquired, press Play (Start) and it doesn't start, instead goes back to GPS Ready text at top. No amount of pressing Play works. Spent 15 minutes powering off, then on and re-syncing with phone to troubleshoot. Only solution I found was a full reset of my Garmin 130, followed by 20 minutes of repairing and re-entering personal data and setting up custom screens, not to mention over an hour (!) of re-syncing with my phone. Did three rides since then with no problems until today (June 29, 2020) it happened again: ride won't start. Really don't want to go through this again. Firmware 3.70. 

• Update: to avoid another full reset I tried deleting some ride files, one at a time, through the device interface, starting with the most recent. Deleted approx. 5 files and then attempted to re-sync—note the device was not syncing with either my phone or the Garmin desktop application—and it worked, and appears to start rides again. Will see how long this lasts.

• Update: after two weeks and half a dozen rides (including a 275km all day ride with multiple chargings from a wall outlet during the ride) Garmin is functioning well, no more errors. Will conclude either corrupt file or too many files (or combination of the two) was the problem, perhaps with the way it interacted with syncing.   

• bought my Edge 130 three years ago.  First encountered this problem today. Deleted all my 2020 rides; seems to let me start a session now. 

• This just started happening with my Edge 130 after I tried to upload a route to it. I now have to delete all files before starting a ride to get the device to record. However it seems that the memory fills up in about 10 miles of riding. It still shows accurate information while riding such as Power, HR, Distance, Time, Cadence and anything else, but when I upload the ride to Garmin Connect or Strava you will get inaccurate metrics after it pretty much filled up and my route will be completely straight lines. Any Ideas?