This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge 130 Update Process

Edge 130 begins sync for update but does not complete even up to 30 minutes.  Reconnect to USB cable and restart of Garmin Express results in a new 'Synch Complete' and apparent completed update.  Is this a 'feature', and not a problem?  This sort of behavior has always led to disaster in the long run for me, over decades of electronics updates.

• Try deleting some old rides from the device before syncing: History>Rides. You may be low on memory, I had this issue last update, however I did get a warning from Garmin Express to do so, it wasn't failing silently or anything.

•  Typically the steps to resolve the issue would be to connect the device to a computer and inspect the "Garmin" folder for a file that would be titled GUPDATE.GCD and delete it. This will allow the update to be transferred a second time and should resolve the issue once you have synced with express. 

• Hi Duncan, thanks for addressing update problems promptly.
    Can you please address battery issues every single unit has? There are more then 5 threads about this. One of them is 1 year old. And there is not satisfying reply from anyone competent.

• If there are available software updates for your Garmin Edge 130, Garmin Express will prompt you to install them. Follow the on-screen instructions to proceed with the update jacksmith. Make sure your device stays connected throughout the update process.