This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge 130: Strava Segments not loading

Hi, I've read about several issues with Strava Live Segments on Edge 130. But in my case, I cannot even load them onto the Edge 130. Am I doing something wrong?

– I am a Strava Summit subscriber.
– My Strava and Garmin accounts are connected (upload of routes does work perfectly)
– I've marked ca. 20 segments as favourites. 
– In the Garmin Connect App (Android) I chose Strava as input for segments. After that, the app does not list the segments but only displays the notice that I use Strava segments. Should it list them?
– Although I have synched Garmin Connect and my Edge 130 multiple times, the device doesn't show the segments. Navigating the menu to >Navigation >Segments it just says": At strava.com you can select and download your segments." So the 130 does neither list nor activate the segments during a ride. 

Any ideas what's going wrong or where I may have missed something?

• Yep, it's been said a lot on this forum by @aweatherall username and we're all surprised and disappointed.
    Can't follow a course and have strava live segements at the same time. This is only possible using the routes created with the connect IQ strava app and the 130 doesn't support it. A real shame from Garmin not to say it in advance.

• I was able to put Garmin Segments to work while navigating. However it only loads a maximum of 10 segments per course, even if you have starred more than that. You can synchronize individual segments afterwards until a maximum of 100 (I didn't test the limit of 100 but it's in the specifications of the product), but the added ones will not trigger during navigation. If you are not following a course, then all the segments in the device are triggered normally.

For Strava Segments I couldn't test because I don't have Summit, but if you want segments while navigating it's like user 5335108 said, they must be synchronized with the connect IQ strava app that 130 does not support.

But it should work if you synchronize individual Strava Segments through garmin connect. Strava segments should be listed in the "Segments" section. Did you try to choose an individual strava segment and then use the "Send to device" option?

• I have the same issue! Were you able to resolve this? 

• Nop, also I have a buddy with an Edge 530 and it has the same issue. I don’t ride since November so I didn’t test it with a new firmware (if there’s one).

• I'm on the new firmware and its still not working. 

• I have same issue with my edge 130 and edge 830. The segments appear in Garmin connect, but refuse to transfer to either device.

• If you go into a segment on Strava it gives you an option to "set a goal" only on uphill or flat not downhill segments! Create a goal time for that segment and star it, re sync your device and then it will appear on the device under segments. You need to then turn auto something off which will give you the option to set it to the goal time or the KOM time

• Okay, I've been struggling with this for two weeks now, and I THINK I have a solution.

First of all, only "uphill" segments will sync, See:
    "Strava segments that feature a downhill loss in grade of .25% or more are not eligible for segment goals and Strava will not send these segments for live viewing on Garmin devices." (https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=C4t8QCDH3K1DCI0Dlg4EaA)

Secondly, you need to to set "use Strava segments" under Training->Segments (Garmin connect app).

Finally, you need to set "Use Strava live segments" under Settings -> Partner Apps -> Strava (Garmin connect app).

The last one was the issue for me, and I realized this setting existed only after factory resetting my Edge 130.

TL;DR - Steps to get it working:
    1. Star an UPHILL segment on Strava, downhill segments will not sync.
    2. Garmin Connect app, Settings -> Partner Apps -> Strava, "Use Strava live segments"
    3. Garmin Connect app, Training->Segments, "use Strava segments"
    4. Sync your device.
    5. Pray to your preferred deity.