This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Course Goal Time - Ahead/Behind Data Field

I previously had an Edge 25 that showed my Ahead/Behind time in xx:xx on the navscreen when I was riding a Course. This was extremely helpful for me to better my times on the course. I could set them in Garmin Connect and then use that to Pace. I lost my Edge 25 and got an Edge 130, which I assumed would be an upgrade. The features are great, but that Course Goal Time feature doesn't seem to be there. Am I missing something? Is this Virtual Partner? That seems to be useless if it only shows an arrow on the map. So what data field would it be? I went on Connect IQ and found several pacer data field apps but they want you to manually enter the distance rather than read the distance from the course goal time. If this isnt available, I feel like the Edge 130 took a step back even with all its other features. Please help! I dont want to use Segments to try and rig this function as Im competing with 100s of riders and Im just interesting in the pace I set for a course.

Thanks,Pat

• Ok  - so I think this needs to be a Feature Request. 

When starting a Course, the segment screen needs to be enabled, based on the GOAL time setup for the Course in Garmin Connect. This is the missing functionality that the cheaper Edge 25 has and is very valuable in training. One could use the "past performance" to data field match the GOAL time in Connect.

This would also be helpful for "Ride an Activity." Currently, it just shows the map and a "virtual partner" arrow. I question the value of this. What one wants to know is how far ahead or behind one is in +-TIME, not to chase an arrow around, frankly. Please let me know if Im missing something.