This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

For when an update of our garmin edge 130?

We have not received any update for our Garmin Edge 130 for a long time and I would like to know if it is expected soon or has been abandoned... Thinking

• Dear Garmin, you are losing many of your customers (or potential customers) who hoped for a good (and long awaited) product... and now will abandon you for passing to competitors with more affordable / featured / supported products... I'm really sorry for that!

• For me V3.30 works fine. I'm affraid that the next version will contain some bugs again, so I won't be the first to try.
    Sorry Garmin, I understand your main focus won't/can't be on the cheapest devices, but eventualy people will get tired en run to the other brands.
    If the 130 sucks, the next device won't be a 1030...

• anyone got the bug whereby the battery indicator shows like half of the full bar and few seconds later went back to what it should display?

• The battery indicator is doing strange things. It happens that when I power on the 130 that it shows two bars and by the time it acquired a gps fix it shows four bars.

By now I know I can use the device safely up to 6 hours in warm weather conditions and 4 hours in cold weather conditions. I am keeping track of how many hours I have been using the 130 so that I know when it is best to charge. I am using the 130 for short commuting rides but when I use it for longer rides I just charge no matter how long I used it after the previous charge.

• the same thing happens to me too and my edge has 2 weeks

• Hi, Is your 6 hours with or without the Bluetooth connection to the phone? 

My last long ride was for about 6 hours and at the end the battery indicator was showing empty.  I had two sensors on, navigation on, GPS+GLONASS and BT. I've no idea how much longer it would have lasted because the battery indicator is useless. 

I'm planning a 100 mile off road sportive next month (Winchester to Beachy Head) which I think I might be able to compete in about 10-12 hours so I'm hoping that if I turn off one sensor, the GLONASS and the BT I can get it to last the race. 

• From fully charged to empty battery (deviced turned off) my maximum was 7 hours and 43 minutes.
    Bluetooth connection to the phone was deactivated. 2 Sensors (HR + Power Meter) connected via ANT+. Navigation was on and i used GPS+GALILEO. My device is 6 months old.

• GPS+GLONASS, BT with livetrack enabled, No navigation, 2 sensors: speed and cadence

I keep track of the time I have used the device between two charges, the maximum with FW 3.30 was actually 5h58. The device could possibly run for one more hour maybe but to be safe I charged it. If you want I can try to let it run out of power as I have a second device which I can use to record my ride in this case.