This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Dropping Ant+ sensors during ride?

Thought this thread was here somewhere already, but couldn't find it.
Had this a few times but not as pronounced as yesterday.
20min into my ride, I lost contact with my Cad, HRM, Power, Speed sensors.
Still registering on my 935 watch.
Restarted the 130 and they appeared again nicely. For 10s.
Hmmm.
Turned off the phone connection and they instantly appeared again.

I've had it before, but usually they come back after a few minutes.
Looks like the Ant+ part disconnects when doing a bluetooth transfer with the phone and turns back on again when it's done.
On yesterdays ride, I was out of cell coverage, so GC on the phone couldn't sync.
  • We would like to further research this problem. If you are experiencing this, please reach out to Garmin Product Support.

• Same issue, my Edge 130 has been dropping Cadence and HR for a minute or so and then reconnect.  Removed the device from my phone i.e no synch and it seems to have resolved the issue.  

• Seems this is a big issue with the Edge 130 and one Garmin are not reacting too. I have just had a conversation with support and apparantley i am the first to report this issue? However reading this post in fact i'm not.

The issues i'm having at times at start of ride or esp during a ride after stopping at a café over 40 miles into ride when restarting unit i get no connection to Power, Speed/Cad or HR. if i go to speed/cad sensor connect unit restarts and all sensors come back on but i might have to do this twice also when this happened once before GPS stopped recording only found out when uploaded to Garmin Miles were correct but no GPS on map just a straight line missing out on all segments.

There is obviously an issue which Garmin need to correct instead of hiding behind it's a sensor issue. Reading above it's obviously the Bluetooth connection to phone.

• It has been 4 months and still problem exists. Any plans on fixing it?

• I'm having the same problem. Today, my sensors were disconnecting at times for the first 7 minutes and then didn't connect at all for the rest of the 40 minute ride. I think it is related to my phone not having an internet signal at times. 

• i have the same issue, only have 1 ANT+ sensor paired, the other is bluetooth pair to my phone. After around 30 minutes into a ride, the ANT+ would drop, sometimes it would comes back byitself, but sometimes It would required a restart of the 130. This is very annoying!!!!

• I have been having the same issue. I went for a ride today after the firmware update and naively thought it might be fixed. 20 minutes into my ride my heart rate and cadence disappeared for a while. 

• Have the same problem

• Ditto I have the same problem on every ride unless I disable the bluetooth :-/

• Same issue - HR, power and cadence drop out on the 820.  Usually once stopped.  Batteries have all been replaced, I don’t carry my phone so Bluetooth connection to that not the issue, tried deleting and reinstalling all sensors, tried factory reset and it still seems to happen.  Any ideas?