This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

LiveTrack auto start fails every time

Anybody else having this problem? For the last few weeks LiveTrack hasn't been working for me. I have it set to auto start. Every time I start a ride a few seconds later I get the "LiveTrack failed" message. It used to work just fine. If I manually start it it works.

I'm running v3.30. My phone is an iPhone SE running iOS 12.1.4 and Garmin Connect 4.16.

So far I've tried:
  • Waiting some minutes between booting up Edge 130 and starting ride (with the phone in Bluetooth range all the time).
  • Disabling and re-enabling LiveTrack.
  • Completely closing and reopening Connect.
  • Rebooting phone.
  • Removing Edge 130 from Connect and deleting Bluetooth connection, then re-pairing.
  • Factory reset of Edge 130.
  • Enabling Strava Beacon integration.

No dice. Syncing works ok. Notifications work ok. It's just LiveTrack.
  • lightbulbjim - I sincerely apologize that you are experiencing a problem with LiveTrack. We are aware of this issue and working on a resolution. I have added you to our case and when it is resolved you will receive a notification.
  • lightbulbjim - I sincerely apologize that you are experiencing a problem with LiveTrack. We are aware of this issue and working on a resolution. I have added you to our case and when it is resolved you will receive a notification.

Thanks for confirming. Nice to know it's not just me!
  • This is also happening to me with my Fenix 5 Plus - could you please add me to the relevant case so that I'm informed when it's resolved? Thanks.

• Just a heads up that this is still happening. I don't bother relying on LiveTrack anymore. A shame as it's one of the reasons I bought the device!

• I have been experiencing this same issue with my edge 130 most of the time. It did though worked couple of times but most of the time (even now) it's failing LiveTrack AutoStart.

Hope, Garmin is on it, and get some solution sooner.