This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Unable to Power On Device

I tried to turn on my Edge 130 after a few months (out due to injury) and it's not powering on. The only time it turns on is when it's connected to a power source. While on, it shows that it's at 100% battery. Does anyone have any experience with solving such an issue?
  • I'm having the same issues as everybody else -- it only powers on when connected to the power cable.  I did the reset, but that did not correct my problem.  Does anybody have a contact you can recommend working with?

• I have the same problem. any one can help us? Has anyone answered Garmin? I sent a mail but I have not answer yet. Please help us.

• I'm having same problem here... My device is about a year old and dies when disconnected....

• I had the same issues within the last month.  I contacted customer service and told them the issue.  They sent a refurbished unit as a replacement. They give you two options -- you can either send your defective one in first, then they send you the replacement, or you can pay ~$200 up front and they send the unit immediately and refund you after returning the defective one.  I was pretty impressed with how quickly they responded and got me back up and running.

• This worked on my Edge 130, Thank you

• Same problem, just bought it :-( 

• Same experience as OP, stopped using my 130 for awhile when I got my 530, went to charge it up but wouldn't charge or turn on unless plugged in. Garmin support quickly exchanged my almost 3yr old unit (very few questions asked,) for a refurb which I just received. On one hand, stellar customer service from Garmin on an out of warranty product but still concerning on the design/failure front for those affected. Not sure why this happened, but I plan on keeping my130 battery charged during long periods of disuse may help?

• All of these things are bad for lithium batteries:

• Overcharging (keeping on charger too long).  Remove from charger as soon as charged enough.
    • Charging too fast on a powerful charger.  Charging from a computer is usually a slower, more desirable rate than some wall chargers.
    • Running down to completely discharged.
    • Storing at very low or high charge levels.  Only fully charge immediately before use.

Lithium batteries will remain usable the longest if they live in the 40% to 80% charged range.  For long term storage I would charge to about 60% and check charge level two or three times throughout the year and keep it centered at around 50% charge.

• Thanks! will keep this tips in mind for my devices.

• Same here ... out of the box device. Poor 1st impression

Moderator edited for language