This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Unable to Power On Device

I tried to turn on my Edge 130 after a few months (out due to injury) and it's not powering on. The only time it turns on is when it's connected to a power source. While on, it shows that it's at 100% battery. Does anyone have any experience with solving such an issue?
  • I'm having exactly the same problem: 100% battery, but will not power on with switch on the top left. But my Edge 130 has behaved this way since new. I have not been able to use it. I have just updated to the latest firmware (3.2) but this was no help; still cannot get mine to turn on.
  • Try doing reset

Non-prompted Non-Vol Clear - Clears NV and deletes all FIT files including Activities, Courses, Workouts etc. (takes the device back to defaults).

• With the unit powered off, hold the up and down buttons and power it on
    • Release the up button after the 1[SUP]st
    • [/SUP] beep.

• Release the down button after the 2[SUP]nd
    • [/SUP] beep.

• The non-vol clear was successful if the device finishes powering up and goes to the setup wizard.
  • Try doing reset

Non-prompted Non-Vol Clear - Clears NV and deletes all FIT files including Activities, Courses, Workouts etc. (takes the device back to defaults).

• With the unit powered off, hold the up and down buttons and power it on
    • Release the up button after the 1[SUP]st
    • [/SUP] beep.

• Release the down button after the 2[SUP]nd
    • [/SUP] beep.

• The non-vol clear was successful if the device finishes powering up and goes to the setup wizard.

I just tried to do but can't get past step 1. I suppose that there's something wrong with the battery? Is there anything else I can do? I just charged the Edge 130 overnight but still nothing.
  • Thanks for the quick reply Alex. I was able for follow your advice (It was a little tricky to plug the change cable in whilst holding the up / down arrows and needed an assistant :-)). The reset was succesful. I was able to connect to my Phone and do a complete new set-up - but only when the charge cable was connected.

However as soon as I remove the chage cable the divice switches off instantly and the screen dies. There was no shutdown sequence as I am familiar with for other Edge devices. When I try to power the device back on there is no effect - it remains dead.
  • Chaks -- you will need to get help holding the up / down arrow - and then whilst holding them get a freind to plug in the power charge cable at the back. Tricky, but I managed.

However even after this the problem remains as per my previous post.
  • Sounds like you will need to contact customer services and get the units replaced.
  • Hi Guys, Just an update on my power start up problem. Garmin contacted me over the phone and replaced the unit.

Garmin's responce on this occation was quick and very efficient. I have been SUPER impressed! We often find cause to complain about poor customer service, but I thought I should acnowledge great service as well.
  • Hi, I have exactly the same problem with a Garmin Edge 130 straight out of the box. I contacted Garmin via email. After 1 week still no response... only a recieved message confirmation.  So on my account not a great service yet... (via phone they have very limited possibilities to reach them since i do not like to call a customer service when I am working. 

• My garmin edge 130 will not hold a charge. The bars are all white after 12 hours. I was able to get three bars today, but when i unplugged the unit the bars went back to white indicating no charge.

• Brand new unit right out of the box.  Same symptoms as described.  The reset worked exactly as described.  Thanks for the tip