This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge 130 - Elevation not shown for course

Hello

I created several courses via Garmin Connect and sent them to my Edge 130. When I ride the courses, the elevation map is empty. See attached picture.

After finishing the ride however I can see the elevation map, but not during the ride.

Anyone else experiencing this and knowing hownto fix it?

Thanks
Tom ciq.forums.garmin.com/.../1389353.jpg
  • How did you get the course from GC to the Edge?
  • Yep, I'm getting the same behaviour with courses added to the Edge 130 from the Garmin Connect app on my Android phone.
  • What is the version of GCM on your phone?
  • Same here, even with courses created on-the-fly from a previous activity.
  • Garmin Connect app is version 4.9.4 (updated 2 Aug 2018).

Firmware version on Edge 130 is 3.00 (f6b5eca) GPS: 2.20 Sensor Hub: 5.80.
  • Hi,

I purchased an Edge 130 today and have the same problem.  When previewing a course I can see the map and the elevation, but once I click RIDE, it only shows the course map, no elevation?  

Help!

That said, I used a public course and that seemed to show elevation quite happily - it's just my own courses.  I have tried manually creating a course, converting an activity to a course all to no avail.

The elevation screen just shows 0ft and a black bar at the bottom of the page just like in the OP's image.

• Same problem for me no elevation graph for course I just created with "garmin connect" website. But if I use an old course (I had created some courses in 2013 for another gps) there is not the problem. So the problem seems be a compatibility with "recent" created courses.

• After some more creation courses tests it is not due to the creation date of the courses. I have some just created courses with the bug and others without. It seems more be to the size of the course the bug seems be on courses smaller than 20 km.

• Wow, that was some discovery pir_43! I can confirm with my Edge 130 ..... I can only see elevation data on a ride if a route is more than 22.5 km .... I tried all sorts, 22, 22.396, 22.416, 22.5 .... not sure if it's just distance related or whether other things are at play ....

• I don't think this course related. Even when riding without a pre-set course/route, the elevation screen shows the profile graphic/graph. Except when it doesn't. In my case about 30% of rides I do don't show the graphic/graph/terrain as per your screenshot. Even on the same route.

Pretty sure this is a raw bug / glitch in the 130 firmware

Has anyone reported/seen this on the Garmin support site ?